- Your submission must be in English and less than 5,000 words.
- You may submit preexisting or previously published work as long as the work is original and fits the competition theme.
- We highly recommend a few explanatory sentences at the beginning or end of your work to clarify the link to the competition theme.
- Send a Word doc to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries may be posted (possibly starting next competition cycle) in the group for members to read through, but ultimate decisions will be made by the competition judge.
- The deadline is September 30th. You may submit unlimited entries, but only one piece can be awarded. Prizes: TBD, to be selected by one judge, a guest author. Awards may vary depending on number of entries in this/future cycles and as we experiment with different prizes.
This Means You Have Three More Days to Submit! Go for it!
Is There A Prize If You Win?
Based on popular demand, the prizes for our short story competition will be feedback on your piece from 1-2 published authors/editors/agents or a one-on-one Q&A! Just THREE more days to submit to the short story competition, “Power.”
As a reminder, you may submit repurposed work as long as you can manage a few sentences tying your piece to the theme.
If Prolitfic sounds like your jam, join the Facebook group to stay in the know!
I am excited about reading your entries!
As always, thank you for reading,