Chris Pavesic writes fantastic fantasy and she’s an amazing cook. That’s why I invited her back today to share a recipe that helps us eat more vegetables and exciting books to binge on.
Take it away, Chris!
- 1 lb. red potatoes, cubed in 1 inch pieces
- 4 large carrots, sliced thin
- 3 celery stalks with leaves, sliced thin
- 2 medium zucchini, 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large Soup pot/Dutch oven
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
Combine all of the ingredients in the soup pot/Dutch oven except the parsley. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer about 30-40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add parsley during the last 10 minutes. Remove bay leaves before serving.
And now for binge-worthy books!
2 thoughts on “Midwestern-Style Veggie Soup From Author Chris Pavesic”
LikeLiked by 1 person
You’re welcome, Chris. Come back anytime 😊.